Thursday, March 26, 2009

New Goal

Okay, I'm a very goal oriented person, so i've decided i need a new goal in my life.
Almost all of my goals pertain to fitness so this one will be no different. I'm in the military and we are required to take a pt test at least once a year. The tests are graded on a scale. You have two minutes to complete as many pushups as you can, two minutes for situps and a two mile run. You need to get 60 points in each category to pass. 100 points is a perfect score for that category.
My goal will be to get a 300 on a pt test before my deployment is done. That gives me about 10 1/2 months to do this.
So what is needed for me to get a 300? well, I need to be able to do 75 pushup (which i can already do easily), 80 situps (which i need to work on a little bit), and a 13 minute two mile run (which will be the biggest challenge because I hate running and I dont think i am built to be a runner).
Currently I usually get a 268 on my pt tests. 100 points in pushups, in the 90s for situps, and in the 60s for the run.
So, basically i need to run faster. I like a challenge so I'm going to begin with sprints at least twice a week, and a regular run once a week. I'll increase the sprints and regular runs once I'm actually in country.
I also like to compete against other people, so that means I'm going to pick someone in better shape than myself and try to pass them up. Sgt. Roos will be that person. I'll never beat him on the run, at his peak he runs in the 11s for 2 miles, but i can beat him on the pushups and situps with some time... We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment